DEBORAH A. MATTISON
- Antioch School of Law, Washington, D.C., J.D., 1980
- Western Michigan University, B.S., 1977
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- State of Alabama
- State of Michigan
- Supreme Court of Alabama
- Supreme Court of Michigan
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- US District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- US District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- US Supreme Court
- 2017 B-Metro Magazine Top Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell’s highest rating (AV) since 2000
- Recipient of Michigan House Resolution No. 75 and Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 65 entitled “A Resolution Honoring Deborah Ann Mattison" recognizing accomplishments in the area of civil rights for persons with disabilities, March 1993
- Recipient of the Distinguished Contributions to Non-Aversive Behavior Intervention Award, presented by The Association for Persons with Severe Handicaps, December 1990
- Ms. Mattison lectures frequently at conferences regarding the legal rights of students with disabilities, both within and outside the state of Alabama. Ms. Mattison also provides legal training in the area of employment discrimination, with a special emphasis on the American’s With Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act.
- Deborah A. Mattison, Esquire and Stewart R. Hakola, Esquire, "The Availability of Damages and Equitable Remedies Under the IDEA, Section 504, and 42 U.S.C. Section 1983”, Individuals with Disabilities Education Law Report - Special Report No. 7, 1992.
- “Statement of the Present Law in Michigan Governing Sterilization of Persons Who are Developmentally Disabled”, prepared and disseminated by the Sterilization Committee of the State Bar Standing Committee on the Mentally Disabled, December 1986.
- Summary published in the Michigan Bar Journal, August 1987 “Guardianship for Persons with Developmental Disabilities”, Michigan Bar Journal, January 1987